Roller Garage Door vs Sectional Garage Door – Which is best for me?
- Roller Garage Doors: Ideal for limited space, these doors feature horizontal slats that roll up, providing smooth operation and high security. Available in various materials like steel, aluminium, and PVC.
- Sectional Garage Doors: Comprising horizontal panels sliding overhead, these doors are known for their durability and customisation options in colours and finishes. They’re weather-resistant and facilitate easy panel repair.
- Key Decision Factors: When choosing between roller and sectional doors, consider your space availability, design preferences, and maintenance requirements. Roller doors are space-efficient and secure, while sectional doors offer greater customisation and are more robust.
- Personalised Selection: The optimal choice for a garage door hinges on individual needs, focusing on aspects like maximising space, design versatility, or maintenance ease.
When it comes to choosing a new garage door for your home, there are a few different options to consider.
This article will take a look at the differences between these two types of garage doors and help you decide which one is best for your needs.
Roller Garage Doors
Roller garage doors are made up of horizontal slats that roll up and down on a drum above the door opening.
They are a popular choice for homeowners due to their compact size and ease of use.
Roller doors are available in a variety of materials to complement different properties, including steel, aluminium and PVC. Other benefits include:
- Space-saving design – Roller garage doors take up very little space, making them a great option for homes with limited garage space.
- Smooth operation – Roller garage doors are designed to operate smoothly and quietly, making them a suitable choice for homes with bedrooms or living spaces above the garage.
- Secure – The interlocking slats of a roller garage door provide a high level of security, making it difficult for intruders to gain entry into your garage.
Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors comprise multiple horizontal panels that slide up and overhead on tracks.
Their durability and flexibility make them a popular choice amongst homeowners, and they are available in a range of materials, including steel, aluminium and wood. Other benefits include:
- Customisable – Sectional garage doors can be customised to fit the unique design of your home. They are available in a wide range of colours, finishes, and designs.
- Durable – Sectional garage doors are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and daily wear and tear.
- Easy to repair – If a sectional garage door becomes damaged, it is often easy to repair or replace individual panels.
When it comes to choosing between roller garage doors and sectional garage doors, there are a few key factors to consider, such as the amount of space you have available, your design preferences and your maintenance needs.
Roller garage doors are a great option for those who need to save space and prioritise security, while sectional garage doors offer more design options and durability.
Ultimately, the best choice for your home will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
Whether you opt for a roller garage door or would prefer to have a new sectional garage door at your property, the experts at Associated Garage Doors can help.
With a wealth of experience and a comprehensive product range, we can advise you on the most suitable garage door for your home and ensure it is fitted to industry standards.
To find out more, simply get in touch with our expert team today – we operate throughout Haywards Heath, Kent, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and further afield.